- We respect your privacy
a) LVT Enterprises Pty Ltd Trading as Gordon Hay Real Estate (ABN 27 651 492 698) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
b) “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
- Collection of personal information
a) Gordon Hay Real Estate act as Real Estate Agents for the buying and selling of properties. We offer a range of services including but not limited to, providing property appraisals, leasing properties, advertising properties, providing conveyancing and property settlement, connection and disconnection of utility services, obtaining a loan, assisting you with payment or refund of a bond, tenancy disputes, coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you, recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agencies, recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority, recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases, client and business relationship management, insurance and governance purposes and providing your contact details to our partners and contractors who provide us with services.
b) Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- Types of information we may collect, use or disclose
b) Types of information we collect are your full name, your date of birth, your residential address, your postal address, your email address, your home, work and mobile telephone number, your occupation and business address, financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution, details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates and details of properties owned by you.
- Disclosure of your personal information
a) Gordon Hay Real Estate may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our property services. We may also make you aware of new properties for sale and rent.
b) Gordon Hay Real Estate may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
c) We may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real estate websites;
- Real estate peak bodies;
d) All third parties with whom personal information is shared are required to meet our standards of personal information protection. However, we are not responsible for the conduct of third parties with respect to the handling of your personal information and we recommend that you check their privacy polices. You consent to us using your information for marketing purposes which include our Services as well as our business partners.
- How we collect information
a) We aim to collect all personal information directly from you
b) We also collect personal information from the following:
- From your representatives (solicitor, accountant or financial advisor)
- Through our website and by other electronic communication channels
- When sent to us by email or other communication from third parties
- From publicly available sources of information including social media
- When we are required to do so by law
- From Strata or Body Corporate, Strata or Body Corporate Managers and On-Site Managers
- When you enter into a competition or promotion with us or participate in a survey including an ‘after sales service’ follow-up
- From our own records, from our employees, from our suppliers or partners and from private vendors.
c) If you supply personal information to us about another person, you represent and we accept it on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
e) A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our Websites. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer. A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit the Website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the Website. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen. Any information we seek to collect via cookies etc is used to better understand our customer needs and the services they are seeking from us. Cookies assist us in providing better and faster services.
f) Links on our Website may take you outside our network. These links are provided in good faith. However, we are not responsible for third party sites and accept no responsibility for the content, accuracy, security or function of third party sites
- Security of your personal information
a) Gordon Hay Real Estate is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure
b) While Gordon Hay Real Estate do all we can to protect your privacy, including investing in specialist security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
c) If you provide personal information to us electronically there are ways you can help maintain the security of the information. These include always close your browser when you have finished your user session, do not provide personal information by using a public computer and never disclosing your username and password to another person.
- Access to your personal information
a) You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
b) You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
c) If there is a reason under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal
d) You should also contact us immediately if you believe someone has gained access to your personal information, we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way and you would like to discuss access to your personal information.
e) If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Shop 7 618 Deception Bay Rd Deception Bay Qld 4508
Ph: (07) 3204 0886
While preparing this information we have ensured that the information contained therein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies, or misstatements contained herein. Prospective purchases should make their own inquiries to verify the information contained herein.
All information contained in the Gordon Hay Real Estate Website is provided as a convenience to clients. All property prices displayed on the Website are current at the time of issue, but may change at any time and are subject to availability.
All content including but not limited to text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the Gordon Hay Real Estate Website are copyright 2022 LVT Enterprises Pty Ltd Trading as Gordon Hay Real Estate (ABN 27 651 492 698), its suppliers and/or licensors unless expressly indicated otherwise on the Website. Content on the Website is published in real-time, and you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Website or expressly authorised in writing by Gordon Hay Real Estate or its affiliates. Strictly on the condition that you keep all content intact in the same form as presented on the Website (including without limitation all copyright, trade mark, and other proprietary notices) you may, download and view the content for your personal, non-commercial use only the content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trade mark laws.